jueves, marzo 23, 2006

I quit my job, again

Recently I have to quit my job. So now, I am in a new office. Is the second time that I have to quit. The first time was like three years ago, I was in a little advertising agency, so small that if you want to change the idea, was necessary to go off to the office and do it, just kidding.

In that time I went a international agency, then I have to quit for second time and went to other international agency, bigger than, and finally I am here.

Well, I have like 23 days in this office, and the things didn’t go well. I have little things to do versus my old job, now I am in a different area called: BTL, that means Below The Line.

The Below The Line are all the things in communication that doesn’t refer to mass media. The classical mass media are television, radio and magazines. But the greatness things are the consumer is less receptive to mass media, because year after year they believe less in them.

So, the Below The Line believes that communication don’t necessary need to be intrusive, like commercial, for example who wants to look commercials in middle of our favorite program? There are a lot bored and dumb’s commercials.

The real Below The Line intents to bring communication in contact areas, this contact areas are the common areas where the consumer is, walk and live. The bad Below The Line, only do things like models in the supermarket – I hate that – offering sampling of any product, Awful.

The real Below The Like permits to the consumer live the brand. Some cases transfer the image in the mass media to the consumer across different actions. Other constructs the image brand since the bottom, without mass media.

I like to think that Below The Line constructs the image brand since the bottom, because no one can watch the TV all the time, or listen to radio, or reading a magazine. We are consumers, but also we are humans, and we travel around the city, we walk in the streets, we bay things, we do a lot of things so diverse and a lot of that actions we do out to the mass media.

We like consumers spend more time out the mass media; we spend more time living, and the Below The Line intents to live with us. And what you think?

The life is an experiment…
Mauricio Martínez R.
mau_76@hotmail.com